Find Yourself on the Wheel of Life!
Check out our new Personal Wellness Workbook.
Print out your wheel.
Place a dot on the line in each category to indicate your level of satisfaction and the level of attention currently being directed towards that area. Place a dot at the center of the circle to indicate dissatisfaction, or on the periphery to indicate satisfaction. Most people fall somewhere in between. The center of the wheel is scored at a zero and the outside of the wheel are scored at a ten. Continue working around the wheel until all life areas have been scored.
Connect the dots on the life balance wheel, working around the wheel until a connecting line runs through all sections. Now, take a moment to look at the wheel.
At this point, many people find their completed life balance wheel resembles a flattened tire or a deformed spider. The beauty of this exercise is that the results provide a strong visual image of life balance issues that may have been felt internally for a long while but have been difficult to pinpoint.
Identify the imbalances. Use this information to help determine where to spend more time and energy to create balance.
What do the Categories mean and how do I score them?
The more you can answer yes to these questions the closer to 10 your dot on the wheel should be.
- Mind (Mental Wellness)
- Am I intellectually stimulated by my life, or am I bored? Do I have sufficient creative outlets? Am I able to find ways to use critical and analytical thinking?
- Body (Physical Wellness)
- Do I get annual physical exams? Am I happy with my current diet? Do I avoid using tobacco products? Do I get sufficient amount of sleep? Do I have an established exercise routine? Am I at a health body weight?
- Heart (Emotional Wellness)
- Am I able to maintain a balance of work, family, friends, and other obligations? Do I have ways to reduce stress in my life? Am I happy? Am I optimistic? Do I love my self and am I able to unconditionally love others?
- Spirit (Spiritual Wellness)
- Do I have a strong sense of purpose in my life? Do I stop enough to 'smell the roses'? Do I have a regular meditation practice or create time for prayer or affirmations? Do I give openly and without expectation? Do I belong?
- Finances (Financial Wellness)
- Am I able to live within my means? Am I able to create a budget and stick to it? Am I out of debt or working my way out of it? Am I satisfied with my current income?
- Relationships (Social Wellness)
- Do I have a strong support system? Am I in stable relationships where I am valued and respected? Do I make time to get out and visit friends? Can I be myself when in a social setting?
- Work/School (Occupational Wellness)
- Am I satisfied with my current career or education path? Am I motivated to get going on my work everyday? Am I able to communicate with a team of people and with those in positions of authority?
- Atmosphere and Fun (Environmental Wellness)
- Do I have fun? Do I get outside often? Do I like where I live? Is my house safe and nourishing? Are my basic needs being met and then some? Do I keep my areas clean and organized?