What is a Wellness Ambassador? Detailed Description Below
The fundamental nature of the initiative is such that each individual can be empowered to make changes in their own life, the lives of those around them, and in their community. Furthermore, in working together, Alaskans can co-create this Initiative and the whole will be greater than the sum of its parts. So sign up today!!!
Wellness Ambassador Job Description
Wellness Ambassadors are Alaskans of all ages that desire to serve as a bridge between their communities and available wellness programs, activities, and resources. Wellness Ambassador is a volunteer role created to help drive participation and engagement in wellness activities and empower Alaskans to unite to prevent not only suicide, domestic violence, and sexual assault, but to act as a positive and guiding light to whole wellness. Wellness Ambassadors will be advised by the ACT Team and ACT Program Coordinator who will provide guidance and direction, consultation, support and information to Wellness Ambassadors.
- Passionate belief that their community can work together to improve overall wellness, leading to a reduction in suicide, domestic violence, and sexual assault
- Enthusiasm about wellness , health, and positive life choices
- Ability to advocate for others and help them work towards a healthier lifestyle
- Good communication; motivational, and interpersonal skills
- High energy, mental resilience, a willingness to invest effort in one’s work and persistence in the face of difficulties
Role of Wellness Ambassadors
- Develop annual wellness plan for their community
- Be a willing and active participant, along with other Wellness Ambassadors and staff, toco create the Action Changes Things Initiative
- Market and publicize wellness activities and programs within your community
- Recruit other wellness ambassadors to participate in programs and to join forces in a coalition
- Identify potential ideas, strategies, and programs for enhancing wellness and a healthy environment where ever you go
- Work with other Ambassadors to complete a community Wellness Audit and create an Action Plan
- Organize at least one outreach activity per month based on all of the ideas provided by the ACT Team
- Participate in a training whenever possible and available online, via teleconference, or in person.
- Share and post monthly newsletters and flyers around your community
- Share your success and ideas with the ACT team!
Benefits to Becoming a Wellness Ambassador
- Be an active participate in co-creating a new paradigm of positive change for Alaska
- Recognition for service as a Wellness Ambassador
- Provides motivation to stay committed to your own health and wellness goals
- Enhances your communication, personal, and wellness skills
- Receive occasional wellness goody bags
- Being capable of bringing new services and resources to your community that wouldn't otherwise have a way to succeed
- Opportunity to be on the cutting edge of an innovative program and to receive training
- Opportunity to compete for the XPrize award
- Receive annual recognition
Orientation and Training
- 1 hour orientation video
- Ongoing monthly teleconference calls with other Ambassadors within your region
- Online videos posted on the website around specific topics in Wellness
- Opportunity to attend regional Think Tank gatherings and 1 annual Think Tank gathering
- The estimated monthly commitment is about five hours
- Wellness Ambassadors are asked to commit to this role for a minimum of one year.
Become a Wellness Ambassador today!
Toll Free: 1-888-599-0455 or 907-412-1523