Sleep is vital for keeping our bodies and minds functioning properly. It plays a key role in improving memory, alertness, energy, and motivation. Be honest. Do you get a sufficient amount of sleep?
Here are some suggestions:
- Make your bedroom dark;
- Make your bedroom quiet;
- Make your bedroom and oasis;
- Turn off your screens (TV, phones, Ipad, etc);
- Avoid caffeine after 2:00 pm (including caffeinated sodas);
- Avoid alcohol;
- Avoid eating two hours before bed;
- Exercise daily but not too soon to bedtime;
- Establish a regular bedtime routine;
- Try a natural supplement such as magnesium, melatonin, or valerian.
- Don’t sleep in-make a habit of waking up around the same time every day;
- Try a sleep cycle app for your smartphone to understand your natural sleep cycle; and
- If the sun it out let it hit your face when you wake up.
Here is another great infographic made by Happify!