Incentive Awards for Participating Communities
An incentive award for forming your wellness community!
Alaskans Changing Together is supporting communities along the Iditarod trail that want to create Wellness organizations. In addition to providing materials and support from the ACT initiative team, your Wellness community will receive a financial incentive to create a positive change.
We want every community along the Iditarod Trail to establish a:
- Wellness Coalition - $3000 incentive
- Youth Council - $1,000 incentive
- Youth Leader Club - $1,000 incentive
To receive this award you will need to meet the following criteria:
1. Identify Members
2. Complete the formative "Getting Started- Steps ONE through FIVE" for your wellness group
- Getting Started- (This is specific to each group):
- Step ONE. A Wellness Kickoff Event
- Step TWO. Member Recruitment
- Step THREE. Wellness Structure
- Step FOUR. Action Plan Development
- Step FIVE. Take Action!
3. Support each member in completing a Personal Wellness Plan
4. Host a community or school wide Wellness Event
Communities outside of the Iditarod Trail
If your community would like to pursue and incentive program but does not live along the Iditarod trail, please contact us to consider alternatives and generate ideas for regional sponsorship of an incentive award.